Building Human Connections in a Digital World - Highlights from Sitecore Symposium 2019 Orlando, Florida.
Sitecore Symposium is one of the most important annual digital marketing events anywhere in the world. The 2019 edition, held in Orlando, Florida, focused on strategies and tactics that brands can employ to deliver the best experience to each customer, every time - by connecting with people in new and lasting ways.
Here are some highlights from the 3-day long event:
DAY 1 - Tuesday, November 5th
- Sitecore CEO Mark Frost opened the event by announcing their new SaaS vision, Sitecore AI, Sitecore XP 9.3, and Sitecore Content Hub 3.3. Microsoft EVP Scott Guthrie also joined Mark on stage to talk about the strong partnership between Microsoft and Sitecore.
- Sitecore CMO Paige O’Neill explored what it means to make human connections in our digital world. General Mills, the American Heart Association, and Cirque du Soleil shared the innovative ways in which they’re engaging with their customers.
- Celebrated photographer, Platon inspired through his personal stories of photographing some of the world’s most famous leaders and celebrities.
DAY 2 - Wednesday, November 6th
- Dr. Rana el Kalioubly, CEO & Co-founder of Affectiva, mesmerized audiences with a live demonstration of how emotion AI reads and analyzes facial reactions and why it’s a big part of the future of making human connections in a digital world.
- What makes you trust me? Perspectives on trust in an age of privacy & digital caution panel discussed a key factor for building human connections: how to approach trust building with your customers.
- Customer showcases featuring Formica and Lowe’s Canada shared their experiences on how to drive success with digital transformation.
- The selling the virtue of reality session featured U.S. Soccer and The R&A, who shared insights on bridging the digital world with live sports to create memorable experiences.
DAY 3 - Thursday, November 7th
- Showcase keynote speaker, Magic Johnson, did not disappoint. The basketball Hall of Famer, Olympic Gold medalist, and entrepreneur shared his story of ascent from the court to the boardroom - including his successful partnerships with Sony Pictures and Starbucks. He spoke about the importance of connecting with customers in the digital age and shared his vision for the future.
- Sitecore EVP Desta Price laid out Sitecore’s vision of the future and what innovations you can expect to see from them to better serve your business and your customers.
Our Founder & CEO - Gideon Lim, and our Chief Sales & Marketing Officer, Executive Vice President - Prabhu Kumar Gade attended the event, and gained a lot of insightful information from the presenters and other attendees.
We’re now eagerly looking forward to Sitecore Symposium 2020, to be held in Chicago.