Enriching businesses with intelligent tools and services - Microsoft Ignite 2019
Microsoft Ignite is the company’s premier event for IT professionals and decision-makers. The event is not just about new tools for role-based access, but is also a forward-looking conference that keeps the changing role of IT in mind. More than 26,000 IT implementers and decision makers, developers, data professionals and others across various industries experienced the latest Microsoft technology at this year's edition in Orlando, Florida.
Here are some of the highlights from Microsoft Ignite 2019:
- Azure Synapse Analytics - a new service that merges the capabilities of Azure SQL Data Warehouse with new enhancements.
- A preview of Azure Arc - which offers Azure services and management to customers on other clouds or infrastructure, including AWS and Google Cloud.
- A public preview of a new robotic process automation capability in Power Automate (formerly Microsoft Flow) called UI flows, which lets users turn manual tasks into automated workflows.
- Announcing Project Cortex - this new tool is a cross between a powerful organizer of enterprise content and a digital concierge that brings people the information they need in the context of their workflow.
- New experiences across Microsoft 365 that put people at the center so they can do their best work. A few highlights:
- Play My Emails in Outlook for iOS Cortana uses natural voice and language recognition to intelligently read new emails aloud and share scheduling changes.
- New voice enhance in Stream uses machine learning algorithms to detect and eliminate unwanted background noise in any video with just one click.
- With the new Teams Chat button in Outlook it’s easy to move back-and-forth email conversations out of email into a Teams chat.
- Introducing the new Microsoft Edge and Microsoft Bing, enhanced with unique solutions, including one that merges the internet with your intranet via Microsoft Search in Bing, as well as powerful default privacy protection and the ability to move from web research directly into Microsoft Office applications.
These inspired innovations promise to make running and managing businesses more efficient, secure and easy for everyone involved. As Microsoft Gold Partners, we are excited about the future and what it promises for enterprises across the globe.
For more information: https://blogs.microsoft.com/blog/2019/11/04/microsoft-ignite-2019-delivering-secure-and-intelligent-tools-and-services-for-the-enterprise/.